The Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education (CGBSE) has decided not to hold examinations for the remaining subjects of Class X and XII due to the Covid-19 outbreak, said on Wednesday.
The board exams for some minor subjects of Class X and Geography and a few optional subjects of Class XII had to be abruptly postponed in March due to the nationwide shutdown to combat the COVID-19 outbreak.
CGBSE pronounce Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education, a leading department under education section performing four divisional offices at Bilaspur, Surguja, Jagdalpur and Rajnandgaon. The CGBSE board has conducted examinations independently since 2002.The Board of Secondary Education has established a tradition of encouraging outstanding students.
Under this, students who have got a place in the merit list in the 10th and 12th board examinations are honored.
Updates Regarding the board exams:
- Earlier, the board had decided to hold examinations in early May, but it could not be materialized due to extension of lockdown restrictions.
- Now it has been decided that exams for the remaining subjects will not be held.
- An internal assessment of students would be done and accordingly marks would be awarded in these subjects.
- Those failing to clear the assessment and skipping the procedures would be given minimum passing marks.
- Nobody would be failed during the assessment of the remaining subjects, he added.
So those who are in worry that they will get failure now expect to get passed with minimum marks. But it seems to be wrong with the bright students indeed.
“Please comment your views in the comment section regarding this article. We would like to solve your queries relatively on academic strategies of the various department and board”.